HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitationand oxygen therapy
The advanced resuscitation (CPR) course provides participants with the necessary skills and knowledge required to use specialised equipment.
The course is specifically designed for individuals who are already trained in first aid and are wishing to develop further skills to safely administer oxygen to a breathing or non-breathing casualty.
Participants wishing to undertake this course must provide a copy of a Statement of Attainment (issued by an RTO) for the HLTAID011 Provide First Aid unit of competency. The Statement of Attainment must be dated within the last 3 years.
*Note – HLTAID003 Provide first aid certificate will not meet the pre-requisite for this course.
On successfully completing the training and assessment, participants will obtain a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
NOTE: These units of competency have a requirement that the participants must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 2min of CPR on a manikin placed on the floor as part of the assessment.
- CPR – 12 monthly
- Advanced Resuscitation – 12 monthly
Who Should Participate?
- Individuals needing advanced resuscitation training
- Workplaces (large or small)
- Workplace First Aid Officers
- Businesses with medical oxygen equipment
Full course $135
For groups of 10 or more, contact ALAQ and we can put together a tailored package that suits you, your workplace and your budget.
RESPOND TO AN EMERGENCY SITUATION
- Recognise and assess an emergency situation
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders and casualty
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for CPR, advanced resuscitation response or oxygen therapy
- Manage life-threatening bleeding
- Seek assistance from emergency services
- Ensure environment is safe for delivery of oxygen
PERFORM RESUSCITATION PROCEDURES
- Perform single-rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or two-rescuer resuscitation procedures, including use of oxygen, in accordance with the ARC guidelines and availability of rescuers CPR
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty.
- Use available resources and equipment according to manufacturers’ instructions
DELIVER OXYGEN THERAPY
- Identify need for oxygen therapy, including by using a pulse oximeter
- Use appropriate delivery device to provide oxygen
- Monitor casualty condition and rectify issues preventing adequate treatment
COMMUNICATE DETAILS OF THE INCIDENT
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services
- Report details of incident in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures
- Complete applicable documentation, including incident report form
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organisational policies
REVIEW THE INCIDENT
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required.
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required
- Check, maintain and clean equipment ready for future use
Download your Participant Handbook here.