HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
The first aid course enables participates to develop the skill and knowledge required to manage emergency first aid situations and deliver competent emergency care until the arrival of professional medical support. The course includes cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) as a component.
The course applies to all individuals or workers who may be required to provide first aid or CPR in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
On successfully completing the training and assessment, participants will obtain a nationally-accredited Statement of Attainment in the following units of competency:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid
NOTE: These units of competency have a requirement that the participants must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 2min of CPR on a manikin placed on the floor as part of the assessment.
- CPR – 12 monthly
- First Aid – 3 years
Who Should Participate?
- Individuals needing basic First Aid training
- Workplaces (large or small)
- Workplace First Aid Officers
For groups of 10 or more, contact ALAQ and we can put together a tailored package that suits you, your workplace and your budget.
Respond to an emergency situation
- Recognise and assess an emergency situation
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders and casualty
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for a first aid response
- Seek assistance from emergency services
Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Perform CPR
- Provide first aid in accordance with established first aid principles
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty
- Obtain consent from the casualty where possible
- Use available resources and equipment to make the casualty as comfortable as possible
- Operate first aid equipment (including AED) according to manufacturers’ instructions
- Monitor the casualty’s condition and respond in accordance with first aid principles
Communicate details of the incident
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services
- Report details of incident in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organisational policies
Review the incident
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required.
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required
Download your Participant Handbook here.