Refer one of our courses and you could win up to $200!* Click here to find out more.
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
The Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course enables participants to acquire the skills and knowledge to perform CPR in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
The course applies to all individuals or workers who may be required to provide CPR in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
On successfully completing the training and assessment, participants will obtain a nationally accredited Statement of Attainment in the following unit of competency:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
NOTE: This unit of competency has a requirement that the participants must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 2min of CPR on a manikin placed on the floor as part of the assessment.
- CPR – 12 monthly
Who Should Participate?
- Individuals needing CPR training
- Workplaces (large or small)
- Workplace First Aid Officers
Full course $60
For groups of 10 or more, contact ALAQ and we can put together a tailored package that suits you, your workplace and your budget.
Respond to an emergency situation
- Recognise and assess an emergency situation
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders and casualty
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for (CPR)
- Seek assistance from emergency services
Perform CPR procedures
- Perform CPR
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty
- Operate automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturer’s instructions
Communicate details of the incident
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency response services
- Report details of incident to workplace supervisor as appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies
Review the incident
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required.
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required
Download your Participant Handbook here.