Little Lifesavers Terms & Conditions
I am the parent/guardian of registered child participating and hereby apply for, and consent to, the Participant participating in the nominated Little Lifesavers Program.
- In these terms and conditions:
Claim means and includes any action, suit, proceeding, claim, demand, damage, penalty, cost or expense however arising including but not limited to negligence.
SLSQ means Surf Life Saving Queensland Inc.
- Warning: Surf Life Saving Queensland prides itself on our impeccable safety standards and record however due to the nature and environment we work in the participant maybe exposed to uncertain risks during the program. I acknowledge that accidents can happen which may result in the Participant being injured. I have voluntarily read and understood this warning and accept and assume the inherent risks in the Participant participating in the Program.
- Exclusion of implied terms: I acknowledge that where I am a consumer of recreational services, as defined by any relevant law, certain terms and rights usually implied into a contract for the supply of goods and services may be excluded. I acknowledge that these implied terms and rights and any liability of SLSQ flowing from them, are expressly excluded to the extent possible by law, by these terms. To the extent of any liability arising, the liability of SLSQ will, at the discretion of SLSQ, be limited to the resupply of the services or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- Release & Indemnity: In consideration of SLSQ accepting the Participant participating in the Program I:
- release and will release SLSQ from all Claims that I may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with the Participant’s participation in the Program; and
- indemnify and will keep indemnified SLSQ to the extent permitted by law in respect of any Claim by any person (including the Participant) arising as a result of or in connection with the Participant’s participation in the Program.
- Fitness to Participate: I declare that the Participant is medically and physically fit and able to participate in the Program.
- Use of image: I consent to SLSQ using the Participant’s name, image, likeness and also their performance in the Program (Image) at any time to promote the Objects of SLSQ, by any form of media. I waive any rights I or the Participant might have to the Participant’s Image.
- Commitment to the Protection of Children and Young People (CYP): I acknowledge that SLSQ is seeking to create and maintain a member and CYP safe and inclusive culture that is understood endorsed and put into action by all.
I have read, understood, acknowledge and agree to the above declaration including the warning, exclusion of liability, release & indemnity, relating to a serious criminal offence.
I, am the parent or guardian of the Participant. I authorize and consent to the Participant participating in the Program. In consideration of the Participant being permitted to participate in the Program I expressly agree to be responsible for the Participant’s behavior and agree to personally accept in my capacity as parent or guardian the terms set out in these terms and conditions including the provision by me of a release and indemnity in the terms set out above.