Youth Excellence Program
After the 2020 Youth Excellence Program (YEP) was postponed, we are excited to announce that the Youth Excellence Program will go ahead in 2021!
The Youth Excellence Program is designed for members aged 15 – 17 years and plays an important role within Surf Life Saving Queensland’s development charter. It provides an opportunity for youth members to be exposed to the many different elements of Surf Life Saving. Youth Development is about providing our young people with positive experiences and opportunities which enhance their strengths and capacity as well as affirming them as contributors to our community and shapers of their own future.
Who can apply?
Participants are eligible to apply if they meet the following criteria:
- Be minimum of 15 years of age and a maximum of 17 years of age at the time of the program
- Be a financial member of an SLSQ affiliated Surf Life Saving Club
- Be proficient in either the Surf Rescue Certificate or Bronze Medallion
- Have demonstrated an eagerness to develop a wide range of skills in Surf Life Saving
- Preferably had previous exposure to leadership/development training
All participants, aged 15- 17 years, that were accepted into the 2020 program, will be given first priority. Please note there is a separate application link for all 2020 YEP participants, as a full application will not need to be resubmitted. There are limited spots available for those applying for the first time and priority will be given to members aged 16 and 17 years.
Applications close Monday, 3 May 2021.
What you’ll get out of it?
- Develop leadership and teamwork skills for use at the Club
- Exposure to Surf Life Saving at a State level
- Opportunity to meet and engage fellow surf lifesavers from clubs all over Queensland
- Increase self-confidence
- Opportunity to share opinions and workshop current issues
- Be inspired by guest speakers
- Most of all participants will HAVE FUN and make friends for LIFE!
How much will it cost?
We love to give our members every chance of attending State programs so we have significantly subsidised this program.
- Point Danger, South Coast and Sunshine Coast Branch participants will cost $250.00 (GST exclusive).
- North Queensland, North Barrier and Wide Bay Capricorn Branch members will cost $250.00 plus a percentage of the airfare (GST exclusive). A travel subsidy will be provided for those members requiring airfares.
Fees will cover meals, use of equipment, program pack and accommodation plus bus transfers for Point Danger, South Coast and Sunshine Coast Branch members.
Camp Laurence, Lake Moogerah