Tip 12: Have a Merry Christmas and stay safe!
Already since July 1, 2020 SLSQ services, including professional lifeguards and volunteer lifesavers, have rescued more than 800 swimmers in distress. Sadly, there have been eight drownings on Queensland beaches this year.
In order for you and your family to stay safe on the beach and in the water this Christmas, SLSQ has developed the 12 Tips to keep you feeling as safe as possible.
Please remember “She’ll be right, won’t save your life.” This summer be a legend not a hero by always swimming between the red and yellow flags and practicing social distancing of 1.5 metres.
1. Watch your kids by keeping them within an arm’s reach at all times.
2. Know your limits
3. Surf with a buddy
4. Take care when visiting inland waterways
5. Only enter the water at patrolled beaches
6. Slip, slop, slap, seek, slide
7. Only swim during patrolled hours
8. Be cautious when using inflatables in open water
9. Be snorkelsafe
10. Be prepared for stinger season
11. Adhere to marine regulations
12. Have a Merry Christmas and stay safe by following the 12 Tips of Christmas!