Member Update: Lifting of the Suspension of all Training in COVID restricted areas in Queensland
This circular supersedes circular no 129.08.2021
With the COVID-19 situation continuing to evolve on a daily basis, it is important that all of our members are exercising care and caution to protect themselves and others.
As of 4pm Friday 20th August 2021 the Lockdown restrictions will be eased in the below Local Government Areas
- City of Brisbane
- City of Gold Coast
- Cairns Regional Council
- City of Ipswich
- Lockyer Valley Regional Council
- Logan City
- Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Noosa Shire Council
- City of Redlands
- Scenic Rim Regional Council
- Somerset Regional Council
- Sunshine Coast Regional Council
The Queensland Government has released a number of restrictions within the affected areas listed above which allows members and clubs flexibility to operate.
Surf Life Saving Queensland has confirmed that clubs can proceed with all training and awards from this date unless otherwise directed by the Queensland Government.
Note that the following is to be abided as per Government requirements:
- All members MUST carry a face mask with them at all times when you are conducting any lifesaving activities
- All members must wear a mask in indoor spaces unless it is unsafe or you can stay 1.5m apart from other
people of your household
- All members must wear a mask outdoors when unable to stay 1.5m apart from other people of your
Clubs and members are to ensure that they are following all Queensland Government rules and regulations.