Become a Lifeguard
Do you love the beach? Are you passionate about looking out for others?
Turn your passions into a career and become a Queensland Lifeguard!
Surf Life Saving Queensland is seeking expressions of interest from highly motivated individuals with a strong background in lifesaving services to fulfil casual Lifeguard positions over the summer period. Positions available in;
• North Queensland (Port Douglas – Mission Beach)
• Townsville (Forrest Beach – Alva beach)
• Mackay (Eimeo – Sarina)
• Wide-Bay (Yeppoon – Hervey bay)
• Sunshine Coast (Noosa – Caloundra)
• South East Queensland Beaches (all areas excluding Sunshine Coast)
• South Bank Parklands
Reporting to the regions Lifeguard Supervisor, Lifeguards are responsible for maintaining supervision and safety to members of the public by providing advice on safety, performing rescues, first aid and resuscitation as required.
What does the role require?
• 800m pool swim in 14 minutes or 400m pool swim in under 8 minutes (Lagoon Only) (Minimum pool length is 25m)
• Ocean Mission (for ocean lifeguards only)
• Bronze Medallion (Certificate II Public Safety – Aquatic Rescue) or industry equivalent
• First Aid Certificate
• Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate
• A current Working with Children Blue Card or ability to obtain one quickly
• A current Queensland Driver’s License
• Be at least 18 years of age (17 years of age for lagoon locations)
• Recreational Marine License and Personal Watercraft License – Highly regarded
Suitable applicants will then be invited to complete a fitness test and if successful proceed to do relevant training and inductions. Training in the required qualifications will be offered to suitable applicants.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Sunday, 2 August 2020