We are seeking highly engaging and switched on personnel to help proactively coordinate frontline services of Surf Life Saving Queensland.
In this position you will ensure the provision of highly effective Lifesaving in designated regions of operations. Surfcom Operators will maintain situational awareness at all times to ensure the safety of our members, our staff and the public.
- Managing communication equipment including, radio and camera networks to ensure high-risk areas along the coastline are monitored.
- Liaise with external emergency services (police, ambulance, coast guard, etc.) to coordinate responses to incidents.
- Validate and check incident information received for accuracy before actioning.
- Using specialised radio, telephone, computer and safety camera equipment and systems.
- Proactively responding to client enquiries.
- Manage, prioritising and routing all incoming calls efficiently.
You will have
- Current First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003) (Required)
- Current Advance Resuscitation Techniques Certificate (HLTAID007) (or ability to work towards)
- Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue) [Bronze] (Required)
- Certificate IV TAE 40110 or TAE 40116 (or ability to work towards)
- Provide and maintain Working with Children blue card (required)
- Demonstrated experience providing excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- The ability to work proactively and independently
- The ability to show empathy and care to distressed personnel