Purchasing & Warehouse Officer
We are seeking a motivated and flexible self-starter to be responsible for coordinating daily warehousing activities based out of our Head Office in South Brisbane.
This role will also be responsible for purchasing activities across the Lifesaving and Community division. The ideal candidate will be a great communicator, while also efficient, safe, and cost-effective in their approach to work.
This is a 6 Month part time maximum term role of 25 hours per week.
- Undertake various warehouse duties in a safe and efficient manner utilising the forklift and/or with safe manual handling in accordance with procedures. This includes but is not limited to; loading and unloading equipment, lifting, moving and storing items.
- Forklift upkeep and charging
- Inventory management, ordering and receipting of stock.
- Stock in and out system; and issuing collated data.
- Process and dispatch outgoing orders from SLSQ.
- Follow up orders that have not been received within the correct timeframes.
- Create purchase orders online and place purchase orders with suppliers.
- Research stock orders and freight costs and make recommendations.
- Conduct stock take procedures
- Maintain a safe and tidy warehouse space at all times.
- Replenish stock and consumable supplies (including first aid).
- Reconcile stock against invoices and conduct condition checks.
- Manage radio order requests from clubs.
- Manage SLSA orders through the Online Shop.
- Manage the email@example.com email inbox.
- Complete quotes for clubs completing grant applications.
- Assist with general enquiries on stock from officers, staff and clubs.
- Assist suppliers with general enquiries.
- Complete ad hoc projects and daily duties as requested.
- Confident administration skills relating to purchasing and warehouse administration duties.
- Demonstrated computer literacy (intermediate MS Office).
- Ability to work autonomously and meet deadlines.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Working with Children Blue Card (or ability to obtain) (Essential)
- Valid Fork lift license (Essential)