SLSQ is looking for an HSEQ Manager to lead the development and implementation of an effective and integrated Workplace Health & Safety (WHS), Environment and Quality Management System. This Integrated Management System will allow the organisation to manage the prevention of harm through the proactive identification of safety hazards. It will enhance safety, environment and quality outcomes in all workplace activity and you will have the opportunity to be a driver behind SLSQ’s safety success.
The HSEQ Manager will partner with People & Culture and Operational Risk teams to build and implement the Integrated Management System, ensuring that all operational processes are compliant with legislation, Codes of Practice and relevant standards (Safety/Risk/Environment and Quality), while being innovative, efficient and ensuring the provision of best practice in workplace health and safety.
- Actively contribute to the development of an Integrated Management System, which includes risk, compliance, inspections, audits, incident reporting, hazard and injury management, and providing organisational reporting on performance.
- Document management and technical writing of HSEQ materials.
- Keep up to date with legislative changes, reviewing and uplifting procedures, policies and tools to ensure they are fit for purpose and align to the changing needs of the organisation.
- Partnering with internal teams to capture complex technical information and present it in clear, concise and simple language suitable to the target audience.
- Produce Safety Alerts and Safety Bulletins to proactively address safety issues across the business.
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing an internal HSEQ audit schedule to ensure all group offices are complying with the requirements of quality accreditations.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of an Integrated Management System package aligned with SLSQ’s strategic direction and priorities for improving health, safety, environmental and quality performance.
- Develop and implement a formal workplace health and wellbeing program.
- Return to Work coordination to ensure injury management, WorkCover and return to work programs are managed effectively.
- Manage environmental systems including site improvement plans, monitoring, reporting, publishing and incident response management.
- Undertake annual safety audits and coordinate annual third party audits.
- Analysis of incident and injury data to establish risk profiles.
- Provide advice and reports outlining trends, risk analysis and reporting on lead and lag indicators.
Your skills & experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a Health and Safety team in a For Purpose or similar environment is desirable.
- Relevant qualifications in WHS or related discipline.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessing desirable.
- Thorough understanding of Workers Compensation and WHS Legislation
- Ability to work under broad direction, exercise initiative and be innovative in problem solving.
- Strong skills in project management, hazard identification, risk and safety management, incident investigation and injury management.
- Excellent communication skills including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with key stakeholders and present information.
- Experience in the development, application and delivery of training.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to plan, prioritise and organise work demands and deadlines.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to produce high level, detailed reports, policies, procedures and documentation.
- Strong skills using Microsoft Office applications.