We are seeking an organised and detail-orientated individual for a Financial Accountant role in the Surf Life Saving Queensland Brisbane Headquarters.
Reporting to the FP&A Manager you will take charge of the weekly and monthly financial accounting; ad hoc reporting, tax compliance and transactional automation of processes for the finance function. With your well-developed systems skills you will also be able to drive the systems improvements, Power BI tool management and training to new users.
Key duties include: –
- Balance sheet reconciliations;
- Produce work-papers substantiating ledger balances, accessible for internal and external audit at any period;
- Review balance sheet reconciliations and files prepared by Finance Officer and Assistant Accountant;
- Assist with the drafting of year end statutory financial reports;
- Build and maintain the statutory financial report model, inclusive of consolidation;
- Assist with the auditor’s requirements for the financial report audit;
- Assist with CFO and Board queries regarding financial reports;
- Administration of all Financial software systems, including Pronto, Expense Manager, Lease Eagle, Power BI;
- Ensure business efficiencies for processes are using up-to-date technology/software.
Success in this role will be adding value through comprehensive monthly processes and systems enhancements.
- Access to salary packaging benefits ($15,900)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Working Environment
- Knowing that your efforts support an essential public safety service
- Passionate and focused team environment working to a common goal
- A job you’ll love where you contribute to saving lives every day
Shortlisting will commence immediately.