Administration Officer to Wide Bay Cap Region (Gold Coast)
We are seeking an exceptional Administration Officer to provide efficient secretarial and administrative support to the Wide Bay Capricorn Regional Office and the Wide Bay Capricorn Branch.
About the Role:
We are seeking an exceptional Administration Officer to provide efficient secretarial and administrative support to the Wide Bay Capricorn Regional Office and the Wide Bay Capricorn Branch. In this role, you will deliver a range of support services to the region, including administrative assistance, process support and reporting.
This role can be based out of any location in Wide Bay Capricorn or South East Queensland with flexible work options also available.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Front of house and answering incoming calls.
- Taking minutes at Board meetings in the evening.
- Prepare and distribute correspondence on behalf of the Branch President and other Officers.
- Prepare and distribute letters, memorandums, circulars, agendas, various reports, calendars.
- Administer Special Events Applications and deal with routine enquiries and correspondence.
- Coordinate facilities and arrangements for Branch meetings, presentations and functions/dinners within your region.
- Attend to pre and post administration for surf sport events.
- Maintain a current and up-to-date Office Operations Manual for your region.
- Prepare nominations, bulletins/circulars, marshalling sheets, programs/timetables, sign-on sheets, team manager declarations and results distribution for surf sport events.
- Assist your Regional Staff members to prepare and compile reports or statistics.
- Assist with the completion of Work Cover claim submissions.
- Maintain RTO Compliance for education paperwork.
- Provide reports on all activities and issues to the Regional Manager
- Assisting with data entry at carnivals on the weekend, as required
Key Selection Criteria:
- Working with Children Blue Card and National Police Clearance (or ability to obtain) (Essential)
- Understanding of Surf Lifesaving or a similar community/volunteer-based activity, with experience with volunteers (Essential)
- Experience providing efficient and accurate support to various stakeholders in an administration and support capacity (Essential)
- Proven experience submitting clear and accurate administrative reporting within set timeframes (Essential)
- Strong computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Word, Excel, Outlook and Power-Point (Essential)
- Understanding of MYOB accounting software (Highly Desired)
- Experience using SLSA’s Surfguard membership database (Highly Desired)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication (Essential)
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail (Essential)
- Outstanding organisational skills and time management, with ability to plan and prioritise workloads to meet various deadlines (Essential)
- Ability to work autonomously while also providing a high level of support (Essential)