SLSQ Facilitator Course
- Completion and certification of the TAESS00014 – Enterprise Trainer-Presenting Skill Set and TAESS00011 Assessor Skill Set.
- Active Surf Life Saving Queensland (SLSQ) Club members with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Surf Life Saving and who has held the qualification they wish to assess for a minimum of 12 months and are currently proficient.
- Minimum age is 18 years of age.
- Each participant will need to be endorsed by their Club and gain approval from their club management committee/ board to undergo this training.
- As per SLSQ Direct Supervision Model, each Participant will need to have a Mentor who holds the current Training and Assessment qualification or relevant skill set. The Mentor will need to sign the SLSQ Mentorship agreement and a copy sent to Membership Training Manager.
- Participants are required to hold intermediate digital literacy skills to complete the Online component of the course (computers and use of programs) are required. Learners are expected to have computer skills and knowledge of how to produce word processed documents, develop PowerPoint presentations, use the Internet for research and upload videos using the Canvas Student App on their phone. At a minimum, the ability to use our user-friendly learning management system, CANVAS to access all their learning resources and assessments.
- A minimum of a Year10 English skill is required. Participants are expected to have effective written, comprehension and spoken communication abilities within a familiar and some unfamiliar contexts to manage the reading, oral work and writing required in this course.
Successfully completing all the assessment requirements of these units will allow you to obtain the full TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
To attain the full TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment the following units will need to be gained:
- TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
- TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
Who Should Participate?
This course is designed for those who have already obtained both the following skills sets and who are interested in becoming a CTO (Chief Training Officer) and a Mentor in their clubs:
TAESS00014 Enterprise Trainer-Presenting Skill Set
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- TAEDEL301 Provide work skill instruction
TAESS00011 Assessor Skill Set
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402 Assess competence
- TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
Mode of Delivery
We have developed a blended and flexible course to allow self-paced learning at your convenience. You will have access to variety of educational resources through our online learning platform, CANVAS. This will include learning manuals, PowerPoints, videos and learning activities. A Course Coach will be available to answer any questions or concerns you may have through email, phone calls and webinars.
Summative assessments are also accessed through CANVAS, however will only be accessible once learning resources are read and learning activities have been completed. This will ensure a learning progression has occurred. All assessment will be completed and uploaded into CANVAS where your assessor will mark and provide feedback.
PRACTICAL COMPONENT IN YOUR CLUB
Practical assessment tasks of this course will utilise your club training schedule. You will need to complete all course assessment and SLSQ Probationary requirements
Components of this skill set can also be delivered through a face-to-face delivery with a TAE Trainer of 6 days over a duration of 10 months. Due to the requirements of the assessments minimum numbers of 10 participants are required to run these face-to-face classes.
You will have access to learning material through CANVAS and will be required to complete all the learning modules before the training session
The Trainer will facilitate information sessions and go through assessment requirements; however you are required to complete all the online learning and to carry out the practical assessments in your Club with a Qualified Assessor who is your mentor.
Once you enrol, you have 10 months to complete this course.
The estimated time required to complete this course is 393 hours, an estimated 10 hours per week for 40 weeks, this is merely a guide as you have 10 months. This estimate is based on the time it will take an average student with no experience in the vocational education and training sector to complete all the learning and assessment activities. This is a guide only as everyone learns at a different pace. If you have experience in the vocational education and training sector you will generally complete the course in a shorter timeframe.
Questions, assessment tasks and reflective questions will all be completed online through CANVAS.
- TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs & TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs – knowledge and reflective questions, design and develop 2 x learning programs
- TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning & TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace – knowledge and reflective questions, plan, prepare and deliver 3 training sessions of 40-60min to a group of 8 or more participants
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills – knowledge and reflective questions, design, develop and deliver a training session with LLN instructional strategies
This course is complimentary for SLSQ Members. However, clubs will be invoiced for any non-completions.