TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment Qualification
This qualification is designed for people delivering training and performing assessments in the vocational education and training (VET) sector.
It is also suitable for those who train and assess competence in a workplace to ensure a high quality of customised training and successful outcomes for their staff.
- Those entering this program must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed teaching and assessing area. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification
- Each Participant will need to have a Mentor who holds the current Training and Assessment qualification or relevant skill set. The Mentor will need to sign the SLSQ Mentorship agreement and a copy sent to Membership Training Manager.
- Participants are required to hold intermediate digital literacy skills to complete the Online component of the course (computers and use of programs) are required. Learners are expected to have computer skills and knowledge of how to produce word processed documents, develop PowerPoint presentations, use the Internet for research and upload videos using the Canvas Student App on their phone. At a minimum, the ability to use our user-friendly learning management system, CANVAS to access all their learning resources and assessments.
- A minimum of a Year 10 English skill is required. Participants are expected to have effective written, comprehension and spoken communication abilities within a familiar and some unfamiliar contexts to manage the reading, oral work and writing required in this course.
On successfully completing the training and assessment of the course, participants will obtain a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment with a Statement of Attainment in the following units of competencies:
- TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited course to meet client needs
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation (elective)
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402 Assess competence
- TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
Participants completing our TAE40110 may wish to continue their study with the TAE50111 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training and/or the TAE50211 Diploma of Training Design and Development.
Who Should Participate?
- Are seeking employment as trainers/assessors with a Registered Training Organisation
- Are experienced industry based trainers and assessors who are seeking to upgrade their qualifications
- Are career minded individuals who are aiming to improve career prospects within training and assessment and are seeking a competitive edge
- Are self-employed trainers/consultants who have a primary business focus of professional development for clients
Job roles associated with this qualification relate to the delivery of training and assessment of competence within the VET sector. Possible job titles and roles relevant to this qualification include:
- Enterprise trainer
- Enterprise assessor
- Registered Training Organisation (RTO) trainer
- RTO assessor
- Training adviser or training needs analyst
- Vocational education teacher
Mode of Delivery
This program can be delivered through a face-to-face model of 13 full days delivered over a 6 months period.
Delivery schedule is flexible and can be adjusted to suit your needs and cohort experience level:
One month break
TAELLN411, TAEDEL401, TAEDEL402, BSBCMM411
One month break
TAEASS401, TAEASS402, TAEASS403, TAEASS502
One month break
Learners will use our learning management platform CANVAS, where they will access all their learning material and resources, including digital manuals, videos, learning activities, webinars etc. Learners will also complete all their assessments, their Assessor will mark, provide feedback and an action plan if required, all in CANVAS.
Due to the requirements of TAEDEL401 and TAEASS402 classes cannot be smaller than 9 and maximum 12.
Delivery of courses can be organised in other states and throughout Queensland, however all travel from Brisbane and accommodation to be paid additionally.
We have adopted a blended approach where each participant will have access to variety of educational resources through our Learning Platform, Canvas, this will include learning manuals, PowerPoints, videos and learning activities. Your Course Coach will run virtual classes through Teams and be there to answer any questions or concerns they may have through email, phone calls and Teams. This program is designed to allow flexibility, you will study in your own time at your own pace with assistance from your Course Coach.
Summative assessments are also accessed through CANVAS, however will only be accessible once learning resources are read and learning activities have been completed, this will ensure an essential volume of learning has occurred. All assessment will be completed and uploaded into Canvas where their assessor will mark and provide feedback.
|Face-to-face 13 day delivery over 3-6 months
|$2,700 per person
|Trainer to complete a Face-to-face delivery to Learners. Trainers will also provide email, phone, and Team sessions if required. They will assess all candidates’ assessments, provide feedback and coach where required. Learners will have access to CANVAS our Learning Management System where they can access all learning resources and assessments|
|Online Blended||$2,250 per person||Learners will have access to SLSQ Trainers and Assessors who will provide them with all coaching and training requirements, which will include coaching through emails, telephone and Team meetings and webinars. They will assess all candidates’ assessments, provide feedback and coach where required. Learners will have access to CANVAS with all learning resources and assessments.|
If you are a corporate client and you have a group of 9 or more staff members who would like to obtain this qualification please contact us to discuss your requirements.