Surf Skills & Awareness Programs for Schools
The Beach Safe practical session combines dry and water based activities designed to be fun, interactive and a great way to educate children/adults on the important aspects of sun, surf and beach safety, whilst increasing their skills and confidence in the water and on the beach. Important safety information is integrated into activities such as surf negotiation, board paddling and beach games. We can modify the program to suit your needs.
Beach Safe Practical program include:
- Beach Safety – identify flags, signs, rips and lifesavers/lifeguards as well as how to signal for assistance.
- Beach Activities – flags, sprints, relays and games.
- Water Activities – board paddling, body boarding, dolphin diving, wading, body surfing.
- Rescues – tube rescues and board rescues.
- Patient Care – recovery position, Call 000, intro to CPR (year 6 and above).
Surf Life Saving Queensland will supply the following resources:
- Qualified staff (proficient lifesavers) and a supervisor.
- All equipment required by SLSQ Staff to conduct the program.
- All resuscitation and first aid equipment to be used if needed.
- Extra supply of sunscreen and shade.
- Aquatic Safety and Risk Assessment Management Logs.
PARTICIPANTS NEED TO BRING
- Sun safe and beach appropriate clothing that allows them to get wet.
- Water bottle and snacks/lunch.
- Hat and Sunscreen to be applied before commencement of activities.
Price depends on the number of people and water safety requirements.
|Prep to Year 6||2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours||varying beach locations - confirmed on booking|
|Year 7 to Year 12||2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours||varying beach locations - confirmed on booking|
|Uni Groups||2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours||varying beach locations - confirmed on booking|
|Corporate Groups||2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours||varying beach locations - confirmed on booking|