The Coaching Accreditation Framework is in line with the Australian Sports Commission requirements and is reviewed at various times at a National Sporting level. The new coaching framework will allow more flexibility for coaches with some of the course being completed on line prior to attending the practical sessions.
Surf Sports Coaching covers all disciplines from Junior Nipper Coaching to Elite Athlete Coaching. Please see the three current coaching accreditation which are available to members within Surf Life Saving.
Foundation Coach Accreditation – The Foundation Coach is designed as an introduction to coaching for Juniors 6-10 years of age. eg Nipper Assistant Coach
Development Coach Accreditation – The Development Coach is designed for coaches who are training squads and teaching discipline specific skills eg Board or Swim Coach for Junior, Youth and Senior athletes.
Performance Coach Accreditation – The Performance Coach is designed for coaches transitioning into a structured coaching environment and looking to coach high performance programs.
These above courses are available on the members portal under “My Training Library”.
Please contact Matthew Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Coaching accreditation’s expire after a 4 year period, from which the member must apply to re-license through their respective Branch. Please follow the below process to re-license:
1. Complete F64 Surf Coach Re-Accreditation Foundation and Development QLD
2. Complete Australian Sports Commission – Community Coaching and General Principles – Online course.
3. Produce a 4 week training plan (discipline specific)
4. Make payment of $10.00 (payable to Surf Life Saving Queensland) for your new license card.
Preferred payment may be made via electronic transfer payable to SLSQ – BSB: 034065 Account Number: 114717 (please use your surname and ‘Coach Relicense as a reference’.
5. Attach all of the above (including a copy of your payment receipt) to Matthew Palmer at SLSQ at email@example.com.