Little Mauve Stinger
Instant pain with whitish irregular blotchy welts, with reddening of the surrounding skin.
All jellyfish stings north of Agnes Water should be doused with vinegar and the casualty to remain out of the water.
- Remove any adhering tentacles
- Wash area with seawater (not freshwater)
- Place the sting area in hot water for 20 minutes (no hotter than the casualty can comfortably tolerate)
- If pain is unrelieved by heat, or if hot water is not available apply a cold pack or ice in a dry plastic bag
- Send for medical assistance if symptoms persist