24-26 November 2017
UQ SLSQ Leadership Excellence Program
What is the UQ SLSQ Leadership Excellence Program all about?
As part of an exciting new partnership between The University of Queensland (UQ) and Surf Life Saving Queensland (SLSQ), the UQ SLSQ Leadership Excellence Program will be conducted annually to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to advance as a leader within their club, branch and state.
Today’s volunteer surf lifesaving leaders must negotiate a maze of relationships, networks and expectations in order to effectively lead in the surf lifesaving environment. Leadership demands innovation, creativity, negotiation, improvisation and strategic vision – we aim to bring this out in you.
Who can apply?
Active Senior Members aged 18-30 years who have been identified as future leaders within surf lifesaving, and have an eagerness to develop themselves personally and professionally. Applicants must also:
- Hold a proficient Bronze Medallion
- Be financial club members that are in, or aspire to, a leadership role
Why should I apply?
- Networking with key SLSQ leaders and peers from across the state in a variety of specialist areas
- Get an insight into SLSQ’s directions, strategic priorities, structure, positions and pathways
- Media and public speaking skills
- Club development
- Human resource management
- Question and answer session with senior lifesaving leaders and managers in an open forum
When and Where?
24-26 November 2017 at the University of Queensland, St Lucia Campus, Brisbane.
Applications will open mid 2017 so keep an eye out!
What past participants thought of the program
I am more confident and ready to take on a leadership role within my club. Had a really good time. I am so happy I had the chance to come. I will implement what I have learned in my club. – Megan
Very good opportunity to discuss issues with other surf lifesavers. – James
Good speakers – engaging; great way to meet new people; and good to learn about other clubs. I learnt ways that each member can make a difference within the organisation.
I liked the people, the information, speakers, atmosphere, social networking, and the chance to have our say. – Patrick
NAMING RIGHTS PARTNER