Throughout the probationary period, endorsed trainers, assessors and facilitators are assigned a mentor. This mentor process has been designed to maximise standardisation of training throughout the organisation.
It involves a Trainer(s)/Assessor(s)/ Facilitator(s) – who is qualified and endorsed in the award being supervised – to be assigned to the probationary Trainer/Assessor/Facilitator throughout the period.
Upon completion of the probationary period, the applicant is provided with a letter of endorsement from SLSQ state centre.
For each level, the Trainer/Assessor/Facilitator will be inducted into the specific course resources they wish to be endorsed in.
The requirements listed below are to occur each time a Trainer/Assessor/Facilitator wishes to apply to be endorsed for each level and each SLSQ course.
A probationary Trainer is required to:
- Train a minimum of 2 candidates that are subsequently deemed competent in the full award after assessment, under the supervision of an assigned mentor
- The mentor, or assigned equivalent, must be in attendance at all training sessions
A probationary Assessor is required to:
- Assess a minimum of 2 assessments, under the supervision of an assigned mentor
- The mentor, or assigned equivalent, must be in attendance at all assessment sessions
A probationary facilitator is required to:
- Assist with the facilitation of 1 course, under the supervision of an assigned mentor
- Coordinate the facilitation of a 2nd course, under the supervision of an assigned mentor
- The mentor, or assigned equivalent, must be in attendance at all training and assessment sessions
Exemption to the above Mentor procedure may be given in circumstances where a probationary Trainer, Assessor or Facilitator has significant experience in training, assessing or facilitating. Evidence should be supplied with the Trainer/Assessor/Facilitator application form for this to be considered.