SLSQ has in place a number of Trainer, Assessor and Facilitator Application Processes. These processes are dependent on what type of endorsement you wish to obtain:
- Initial Endorsement – This is the first time you apply to be endorsed as a Trainer, Assessor and Facilitator for SLSQ.
- Additional Award Endorsement – This is when you have previously been endorsed by SLSQ for specific awards, but you wish to be endorsed for further awards.
- Renewal Endorsement – TAFs must be re-endorsed every two years if they wish to continue to train, assess or facilitate with SLSQ. This renewal application period is set by SLSQ, and this type of endorsement will only be issued during that time.
These processes can be viewed and downloaded below –
In addition, a more thorough step-by-step application process is also available to view and download. These processes specifically relate to whether you wish to be a Trainer, Assessor or Facilitator –
Below are some tips when deciding to become a Trainer, Assessor or Facilitator with SLSQ:
- It’s important that you hold the award that you wish to train, assess and/or facilitate. This includes not only the SLSQ award, but also the unit of competency or qualification that is linked to that course. Award and qualification requirements can be found here.
- Although you may be keen to start training courses as soon as possible, you are not able to until you have applied for endorsement and have received follow-up notification from SLSQ state office.
- If you’re still unsure if being a Trainer and Assessor with SLSQ is right for you, you can always assist a qualified trainer who is conducting a course to see if you are interested in progressing further.
How do I apply?
The first step is to becoming a TAF with SLSQ is to complete the SLSQ Trainer, Assessor and Facilitator Application Form.
If you are interested in becoming a Trainer or Assessor, you will submit the form to your club, who will then forward the application to your respective Branch for endorsement. If you are interested in becoming a Facilitator, you will submit the form directly to your Branch for endorsement. In both cases, the Branch will send your application on to SLSQ state office for final review, following which you will then be advised of the outcome of your application.
In addition to submitting an application you will also:
- Participate in, and complete, an Induction – this provides you with information relating not only to the courses you want to train and/or assess, but also knowledge on what a Registered Training Organisation is, and how it functions.
- Undertake a ‘mentoring’ process, where a current trainer, assessor and/or facilitator guides you through your first steps towards becoming a trainer, assessor and/or a facilitator yourself!
Until all the above requirements are completed, you will be considered in a ‘probationary’ period. Upon completion of this, you will be provided with full endorsement to be a Trainer, Assessor or Facilitator with SLSQ.