Minor skin irritation only.
All jellyfish stings north of Agnes Water should be doused with vinegar and the casualty to remain out of the water.
- Remove casualty from water if safe to do so
- Commence first aid as required (DRSABCD)
- Wash area with sea water (not freshwater)
- Keep casualty at rest and reassure
- Place the sting area in hot water for 20 minutes (no hotter than the casualty can comfortably tolerate)
- If local pain is unrelieved by heat or if hot water is not available, apply a cold pack or ice in a bag
- Send for medical aid if symptoms persist or covers a sensitive area (e.g the eyes) and seek assistance from lifesavers/ lifeguards